Curriculum Developed By: Jennifer Grube, L.C.S.W.
This unique workshop offers an opportunity to explore challenges associated with the delivery of mental health treatment within correctional facilities.
- Over a quarter million mentally ill are incarcerated in prison or jail.
- The mentally ill are more likely than others to be in prison for a violent offense.
- Nearly 6 in 10 mentally ill offenders reported they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of their current offense. [US Department of Justice].
- Adult correctional systems supervised an estimated 6,851,000 persons at year end 2014, about 52,200 fewer offenders than at year end 2013.
- Approximately 1 in 36 adults (or 2.8% of adults in the United States) was under some form of correctional supervision at year end 2014, the lowest rate since 1996.
- The correctional population has declined by an annual average of 1.0% since 2007.
- The community supervision population (down 1.0%) continued to decline during 2014, accounting for all of the decrease in the correctional population.
- The incarcerated population (up 1,900) slightly increased during 2014.
To review the psychopathology associated with anti-social personalities and criminal minds through the review of real life scenarios & research.
To explore challenges associated with the delivery of mental health services within prison systems.
To realize how safety and security protocol is utilized by correctional officials.
Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors, Caseworkers & other Professionals or community members earn PA-NASW credentialed Continuing Education Units (CEU’s).
Workshop details will be emailed to individual registrants.
NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop where 2.5 CEUs are approved for this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36).
The PA State Board of Nurses recognizes NASW-PA Chapter as an approved professional,/provider, state agency and/or affiliate and recognizes the CE’s associated with their sponsored events/workshops. Nursing Code 21.134 for continuing education sources.
The National Association of Social Workers – PA Chapter CEU Fees are included in your registration.
This unique workshop is being presented on behalf of and in support of an end to child abuse and a % of proceeds will be donated to the charity by founder, Ms. Grube. This PA 501-c-3 is named F.A.C.E.S. Faith, Accountability, Community, Education and Services. For more information, go to https://www.f-a-c-e-s.org